PARENTS’ BILL OF RIGHTS FOR DATA PRIVACY AND SECURITYThe Hamilton Central School District is committed to preserving the security and integrity of student data. As outlined in the Common Core Implementation Reform Act of 2014, the Hamilton Central School District publishes the following “Parents’ Bill of Rights for Data Privacy and Security” here on our website:
- Hamilton CSD does not sell or release a student’s personally identifiable information for any commercial purposes;
- Parents have the right to inspect and review the complete contents of their child’s education record;
- State and federal laws protect the confidentiality of personally identifiable information, and safeguards associated with industry standards and best practices, including but not limited to, encryption, firewalls, and password protection, must be in place when data is stored or transferred;
- A complete list of all student data elements collected by the State is available at http://www.p12.nysed.gov/irs/sirs/documentation/NYSEDstudentData.xlsx and a copy may be obtained by writing to the Office of Information & Reporting Services, New York State Education Department, Room 863 EBA, 89 Washington Avenue, Albany, New York 12234.
- Parents have the right to have complaints about possible breaches of student data addressed. Complaints may be submitted to the Superintendent of Schools by calling (315) 824-6310.
Last Modified on March 14, 2017