Funding Meal Accounts OnlineMyLunchMoney.com is now MySchoolBucks.com
MyLunchMoney.com has changed to MySchoolBucks.com the new site STILL gives parents the option of funding their child’s lunch account securely online with a credit or debit card. This system charges a fee of $1.95 per transaction (this fee does not go to HCS). Please note Hamilton Central does not have any affiliation with MySchoolBucks.com, they are a third party company that works with various cafeteria management systems. Any problems with a MySchoolBucks.com, must be addressed at MySchoolBucks.com/support
Here are some examples of how this fee would be applied:
If a family has 3 students at HCS, they can fund ALL 3 lunch accounts, up to $100 per student per transaction, and they will be assessed $1.95 in transaction fees. NOTE: MySchoolBucks.com caps the funding limit to $100 per student per transaction, this has something to do with the fees credit card companies charge.
**Funding example: Based on a student spending $2.25 per day, $100 will last 44 schools day, this would require the account to be funded (at $100 each time) at least 5 times in a school year = $9.75 in transaction fees.
If a family has 3 students and they fund all 3 lunch accounts once a month for the school year (assuming 10 month school year), they would be assessed 10 transaction fees = $19.95, probably not the best way to go.
Some frequently asked questions about this system.
Do I have to use the MySchoolBucks.com system?
- No, you can still send in money or checks with your children (even if you are using the system).
How will I know how much money is in my child's account?
- After you create and fund your child's account you will have access to balances in all of the accounts you have funded through the MLM system. It takes 24 hours for monies brought in to be reflected in your MySchoolBucks.com account
- This system will also send you an email when the account balances get below $10.00.
Are there payment options?
- Yes, you can select "Pay As You Go" which means just that, pay when you want.
- Or, you can set up your account for "Smart Pay" which automatically funds your child's account(s) when they get below a certain amount (which can be set by you). Smart Pay will still charge you a $1.95 for each account that gets funded in this manner.
What happens to money in my child's account at the end of the year?
- All balances (positive & negative) transfer to the next school year.
- Graduating seniors, with a positive balance, can ask the school for a refund.
How do I sign up?
- Use the link at the bottom of this page to create an account with MySchoolBucks.com
- You will need the following information for each account (child) you want to setup and fund.First & Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Student ID (can be found on a report card (grades 6-12 only) or in the SchoolTool Parent Portal for all grades if you have an account). Please note to get the 9 digit student ID when logged into your Parent Portal account you must first click on the blue triangle next to your child's name, on the next screen the number will be in the upper right corner of your screen.