We are pleased to be transporting your child to and from school this year. We are very proud of the safety record of our school buses and the professionalism of our transportation team. Please help us ensure your child's safety by following these simple but important procedures:
• Provide your child with a backpack or bookbag. Loose papers or other items are dangerous as children get off the bus.
• Check your child's clothing for the presence of long drawstrings or other dangling items. Long drawstrings or other dangling items could get snagged in the bus door as the child gets off the bus, and should be removed from clothing.
• Make sure your child arrives at the designated bus stop five minutes early each day. Children who are late for the bus may panic and chase it, or run into the road.
• Insist that your child wait for the bus safely in an orderly fashion, back from the roadway. Behavior problems at the bus stop can create hazardous conditions for children.
• When the bus arrives, your child should wait for the bus driver's signal before boarding. Children should board in single file.
• Teach your child to sit quietly on the ride to and from school. Behavior problems could distract the bus driver and result in an accident.
It is important that our drivers are able to concentrate on driving the route safely. If anything makes your child feel unsafe at the bus stop or on the bus ride, please contact us at the transportation department, rather than trying to discuss it at the bus stop.
We are deeply committed to the safety of your child as well as all our community's children.